Formulation of Disaster-preventive livelihood reconstruction project in the coastal region of selected municipalities in the districts of Barguna (Amtali Upazila) and Patuakhali (Kalapara), Bangladesh
(July 2009-October 2009)
Project Location: Barguna and Patuakhali
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has requested the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH to submit an offer on development-oriented emergency and transitional aid in Bangladesh. The appraisal mission is to clarify the conceptual approach, and the executing and personnel structure for the project ‘Disaster-preventive reconstruction in the coastal region of selected municipalities in the districts of Barguna (Amtali Upazila) and Patuakhali (Kalapara)’. Project preparation is based on project proposal no. 22 from December 2008.
- draw up a plan of operations for the appraisal mission
- conduct a detailed analysis of the situation in the target region, specify the target region, identify options for interacting with existing processes in order to promote peaceful development, assess possible conflict potentials
- examine the capacities and contribution to be made by the executing agency to the project (insofar as an executing agency can be identified)
- identify possible cooperation and implementation partners
- clarify possible interaction with measures implemented by German and international development cooperation
- clarify possible mainstreaming/integration of the project into development‑policy strategies pursued by the partner country
- develop a project concept and, based on this, a strategy (including the overall objective, indicators, options for action, implementation components, results chains, and risks) for the new project ‘Disaster-preventive reconstruction in the coastal region of selected municipalities in the districts of Barguna (Amtali Upazila) and Patuakhali (Kalapara)’
- produce a summary (between three and four pages) of the project concept in German and English. This document will provide the basis for a memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- together with the GTZ office, initiate the signing of a MOU with the project executing organisation
- develop a human resources concept
- produce a mission appraisal report
draw up of an offer for the new project; draw up budget estimates for the project