Technical Assistance to Pollution Mitigation Project
(July 2009- October 2009)
Project Location: Dhaka City Corporation
To promote the mitigation and adaptation of environment pollution, the program facilitated 54 awareness sessions where 3560 community people, prepared 5500 brochures & distributed and installed 4 bill boards with environment pollution. Project also arranged a round table conference to advocate Ministry of environment and forestry to implement and monitor environment preservation policy, rules and amendments for “Improvement of Dhaka city air quality”. Project has anticipated that the improvement of air condition will decrease air borne diseases and health well-being of the children shall be secure in the long term.
- design and develop communication materials for awareness raising and public campaigning programs
- facilitated 54 awareness sessions where 3560 community people participated, prepared 5500 brochures & distributed and installed 4 bill boards with environment pollution
- conduct training on pollution mitigation to the registered children (RC) and their family members, Govt. and non Govt. primary and high school students, teachers and school management committee (SMC) members, community people, community based garbage management committee (CBGMC) members, members of union parishad standing committee on environment preservation and tree plantation (USETC), CBO leaders, Faith Based Organization (FBO) leaders and NGO executives.
- identify possible cooperation and implementation partners
- clarify possible interaction with measures implemented by WV and international development cooperation
- Assess the pollution mitigation and adaptation intervention of 3 years pilot project that contributed to improve environment condition of Dhaka city;
- Assess the intervention that contributed to increase knowledge for practicing healthy garbage management system among targeted beneficiaries;
- Assess the intervention that contributed for CBGMC capacity building
- Assess the intervention that contributed to activate standing committee on environment preservation and tree plantation of local govt.
- Assess the intervention contributed to green students friendly schools
- Identify the projects strengths and weakness
Assess the project sustainability.